10 TOP TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR BUSINESS
1. Ensure you have up to date year end accounts.
2. Ensure you have up to date management accounts.
3. Ensure that you have a good management team or system in place.
4. Be able to articulate what the ‘Opportunity’ is for the buyer of your business.
5. Be able to justify the selling price for your business.
6. Only be truthful when preparing the Information Memorandum that will be circulated to prospective buyers.
7. Be prepared to wait for up to 6 to 9 months to conclude a sale.
8. Ensure that you do not take your focus off the business during the sales process.
9. Be willing to give the buyer enough of your time during the handover period.
10. Employ a Business Broker to handle the sale on your behalf.